Interested in a road-trip from the national capital through the hills of Himachal? Look no further than our itinerary that lets your explore Himachal Pradesh and Haryana’s biggest and culturally rich places.
Reaching Delhi, your first stop at Shimla soon turns to a snowy safari through the chilly regions of Kufri and Shimla’s neighbouring hills.
Let temperatures drop down as you go up to Manali, where hiking across the Solang Valley, touring local monasteries, the sulphur springs at Vashisht and Mall Road beckon you among other activities.
Make your pit-stop at the fine city of Chandigarh before you make your way back to Delhi. And don’t end up missing out on the local food, because the North remembers!
Day 1: Mumbai – Delhi
Board train from Mumbai for Delhi
|Day 2: Delhi-Shimla|
|Arrive Delhi Railway Station & transfer by road to Shimla (343 kms/8 hrs) former summer capital of British India & now a capital of Himachal Pradesh, set amidst the snow capped shivalik mountain ranges offering some stunning views of the mighty Himalayas, Arrive & check in the Hotel .Rest of the day is at leisure, Night stay in Shimla.|
|Day 3: Shimla-Kufri-Shimla|
|In the morning visit the Kufri a 30 Minutes drive from Shimla, an exotica of nature as a place surrounded by dense forest and snow caped mountains amidst virgin peaks and natures flora and fauna where one can completely relax and tune oneself for natural beauty, situated at an altitude of 2500 meters just an hours drive from Shimla and a very popular ski resort during the winter months. Later take a walking tour of Shimla &, visit the Jakhoo hills which, offers panoramic vies of the Shimla town, Vice-regal lodge Mall road, Night stay in Shimla.|
|Day 4: Shimla-Manali|
|Morning drive to Manali (285 kms / 7 hrs) a picture-perfect hill resort at an altitude of 1,929 metres. Set amidst pine-clad mountains, which gradually close in on both sides of the Beas and nestling in their shade, as though carved out of primeval forest, is a scattered hamlet, which comprises this picturesque summer resort. Arrive & check in the hotel. Rest of the evening is at leisure Night stay in Manali.|
|Day 5: Manali|
|Morning proceed for a sightseeing tour of Manali covering the 450 years old temple dedicated to Hadimba Devi, which has some excellent woodcarving, Tibetan Monastery and a handicraft center. Rest of the day at leisure OR Enjoy walk to nearby picturesque village of Vashisht known for hot sulphur springs. Night stay in Manali.|
|Day 6: Manali|
|Morning proceed to visit the Solang Valley, which offers fine views of glaciers and snow, capped peaks. A place not to be missed is Rohtang Pass, 51 km from Manali at an altitude of 3978 meters (subject to weather conditions). Rest of the day is at leisure OR take a stroll down the Mall road, Night stay in Manali.|
|Day 7: Manali-Chandigarh|
|Morning check out from the Hotel & transfer by road to Chandigarh (276 kms/7-8 hrs).Enroute visit Kullu valley, celebrated as the valley of Gods. Arrive & transfer to hotel .Evening is at leisure, Night stay in Chandigarh.|
|Day 8: Chandigarh-Delhi|
|Morning check out from the Hotel & transfer by road to Delhi (256 kms/5 – 6 hrs) to board the train for Mumbai.
Day 9: Mumbai
Reach Mumbai. The trip concludes.
Registration & Financial Details
- 15- 25 people : Rs. 10,500 per person
- 25 – 50 people : Rs. 10,000 per person
- Above 50 people : Rs. 9,700 per person
- 650 for tiger safari
- 25% for the confirmation of the trip
- 75% one month before the trip
- The initial advance is non-refundable.
- 50% if cancelled 7 days prior to the trip.
- 75% if cancelled 2 days prior to the trip.
Tour Cost includes
- Train – 2nd class sleeper.
- Bus – 2 x 2 seater or 3 x 2 seater semi luxury non AC bus or comfortable tempo travels which are in best of conditions.
- Hotels – Students will be accommodated in 3 star hotels on quadruple basis
- Food – Unlimited veg/jain breakfast, lunch and dinner. Meals starting from dinner on day 2 and ending with dinner on day 8.
- Escorts – Trained Escorts will accompany the tour from Amritsar to Shimla to take proper care of the group and co-ordinate tour program. The tour escort will be carrying a first aid kit.
- 1 round of zorbing on each day in Jim Corbett if time allows.
- Entrance to Adventure Park with rock climbing, rappelling, valley crossing & army obstacle course
Tour Cost Excludes
- Train journey meals
- Any adventure sports activity.
- Personal expenses like bottled water, aerated drinks, etc.
- Any expense not mentioned under the ‘Tour cost includes’ Column.